Release your potential, with a career in the water industry
If you are interested in a career in the Water Industry, HydroCo offer fantastic opportunities for enthusiastic individuals, who are highly motivated and have an appetite for learning. We are a well established water engineering consultancy company, who have enjoyed steady growth within our sector, and can offer rewarding roles for the right characters. Our exemplary reputation for delivering projects to a high standard is the envy of our competitors, and something we strive to instil within all our new recruits.
Job Description – Hydraulic Modeller
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a progressive expanding company. HydroCo Ltd is seeking to recruit a Clean Water Hydraulic Modeller to support their project teams primarily at their water front offices in Hayling Island, Hampshire.
HydroCo Ltd was set up in 2001 to provide the water industry with high quality technical support in the management, planning and optimisation of water supply and distribution systems, with a particular focus on network modelling and its wider application.
We are looking for a candidate that is motivated, competent and is an analytical person, who has at least two years’ experience within the water industry. You should have a working knowledge of clean water networks and modelling software packages and be familiar with current industry best practice.
Working within a team of engineers and reporting to a Senior Engineer, it is essential that you are a team player that works well on your own initiative and possess strong communication skills.
Degree, or equivalent, in an engineering, scientific or related discipline
You should be familiar with:
• Water network modelling software such as, InfoWorks WS/Pro, SynerGi, EPAnet and STRUMAP.
• Model construction, validation and calibration
• Using hydraulic models to assess network performance.
• Planning and delivering major field tests.
Your duties will include:
• Delivery of projects both individually and as part of a team.
• Managing junior staff
• Constructing, calibrating and field testing network models for various companies throughout the UK
• Technical report writing
• Using models for Developer Enquiries / resolving Operational issues etc.
You should Possess:
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Positive outlook and approachable manner.
• Be able to demonstrate initiative and able to work independently
• Team oriented with the ability to work closely with colleagues
• Flexible in terms of travel
• Ability to complete projects on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
• Possess a full clean UK driving licence
In return for the above you wil
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme.
• Company Bonus
• Up to 25 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory days holiday.
• Excellent opportunities for development and progression within the company.
• Free on-site car parking.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Supportive working environment
To apply for the Clean water Hydraulic Modeller position (reference HYDCWM01) please send your full CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org