HydroCo Ltd is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment.
As a company we take our environmental responsibilities seriously and as such we have developed an Environmental Management System that is externally audited by a UKAS registered company to ensure it meets the latest requirements of ISO 14001. We operate in compliance with relevant environmental legislation and other applicable requirements and commit to continual improvement, protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
Our Company objectives are to:
- Work with our clients (mostly water companies) to ensure the sustainable provision of potable water in the most efficient way and without detriment to the environment.
- Carry out our activities in such a way as to protect the environment, reduce waste and save energy.
We will achieve this by:
- Providing a framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets through our Environmental Management System.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our operations including water, electricity, consumables and other resources, following the ’eliminate, reduce, reuse, recycle, dispose responsibly’ waste hierarchy.
- Committing to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the environmental impact of our activities by periodically reviewing our Environmental Policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
We encourage employees to help continually improve the environment and reduce waste and we ask for their feedback at quarterly team briefs. We communicate this Environmental Policy during induction training and make it available publicly on our website.
David Acres – Managing Director