Due to our continued expansion, we seek to recruit both Graduates and experienced staff to support our project teams. We are looking for enthusiastic staff member’s, primarily based at our offices in Havant .
The positions would suit someone looking to either start a career in the water industry or a modeller who has 2/3 years experience working in the industry. The work will be divided between office and field based activities, depending on the current project work load.
The office based activities will include supporting our engineers in producing and using computer based hydraulic models of water supply and distribution systems. Typically this may involve working on Developer Services enquiries and Hydraulic Modelling Support projects, which are subject to ‘Service Level Agreements’ which means there are strict deadlines to be met. Model building activities may include, data processing of the field data, generating the base models using GIS and calibration of the models against logged data. As such, an attention to detail and a sound knowledge of computers is required. For the graduate position, full training will be given and no previous experience is necessary, although a basic understanding of hydraulics is desirable.
The field activities will involve installing pressure monitoring equipment on the water network giving you an opportunity to learn about water infrastructure. Preferably you will have a full clean driving licence as your duties may include driving company vehicles. Our clients are UK wide and there may be a need to travel and stay away, if appropriate.
· An interest in pursuing a career in the water Industry
· Enthusiastic, passionate & good team player
· The successful candidate will be able to communicate with people of all levels whilst working independently or as part of a team.
· You should be an Engineering Graduate or possess equivalent qualifications, although applicants with lesser qualifications may be considered.
· Hold a full driving licence
· Computer literate and be confident in the use of all Microsoft office products.
· Modeller position – you should have 1-2 years InfoWorks or SynerGi experience.
· Modeller position – have technical report writing skills, with the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
· Ideally you will live in the local area, or be prepared to relocate.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive Salary
· 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
· Structured graduate training programme
· Career progression opportunities
· Up to 25 days leave, depending on length of service
· Cycle to work scheme
· Discretionary Bonus
To apply for the Graduate Hydraulic Modeller position (reference HYDGHM21) please send your full CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the Hydraulic Modeller position (reference HYDHM21) please send your full CV with a covering letter to email@example.com