Release your potential, with a career in the water industry
If you are interested in a career in the Water Industry, HydroCo offer fantastic opportunities for enthusiastic individuals, who are highly motivated and have an appetite for learning. We are a well established water engineering consultancy company, who have enjoyed steady growth within our sector, and can offer rewarding roles for the right characters. Our exemplary reputation for delivering projects to a high standard is the envy of our competitors, and something we strive to instil within all our new recruits.
HydroCo Ltd was set up in 2001 to provide the water industry with high-quality technical support in the management, planning and optimization of water supply and distribution systems, with a particular focus on network modelling and its wider application.
Qualifications & Requirements (Full Training Provided):
Full training will be given and no previous experience is necessary, although a basic understanding of hydraulics and an engineering based qualification would be an advantage.
- Ideally, you will be a Graduate with an HND / BEng / MEng or equivalent qualifications, although applicants with lesser qualifications may be considered.
The Role of Trainee Water Engineer
The work will be divided between office and field-based activities, depending on the current project workload.
Field Based Activities
- This will include installing data logging equipment on hydrants and visiting pumping stations and reservoirs to log pressures and reservoir depths.
- You will be required to work with another person to help navigate and install/retrieve the loggers.
- We will provide all the necessary training and equipment to do this.
- Preferably you will have a full clean driving license as your duties may include driving company vehicles.
- Our clients are UK wide and there may be a need to travel and stay away, if appropriate.
Office Based Activities
- The office-based activities will include maintaining our field equipment stock and supporting our engineers in producing computer-based hydraulic models of water supply and distribution systems.
- Typically this will involve data processing of the field data and generating the base models using GIS.
- You may be required to use models for Developer Enquiries / resolving Operational issues etc
- Technical report writing
- An attention to detail and a sound knowledge of computers is required.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and able to work independently
- Team orientated with the ability to work closely with colleagues
- Flexible in terms of travel
- Ability to complete projects on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Possess a full clean UK driving licence
- Competitive salary: GBP 20000 – 24000 Annual Salary
- Pension scheme.
- Company Bonus
- Up to 25 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory days holiday.
- Excellent opportunities for development and progression within the company.
- Free on-site car parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Supportive working environment
- Permanent Position
This is a rare opportunity to quickly develop a rewarding technical career with advancement and responsibility in the company limited only by your own abilities
Please send your full CV (reference HYDTWE5) with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org